Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Photoshop Competition

Go down 
+7
synapz
Shinynew
Valarian
Vrytired
Admin
AcidBurn
Autopsy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Autopsy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Photoshop Competition Empty
PostSubject: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:40 pm

The theme this time is France and vehicles.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:43 pm

Nice to see that I was #1 on your hit list. Makes me feel loved.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:43 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
https://pkillers.editboard.com
Autopsy

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:44 pm

I couldn't kill you recently acid, even with the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vrytired

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:20 pm

wow....i just set macro express to press enter every 5 seconds and left 'k colbie' in the chat box, worked fine for the 4 hours i let it run.
Back to top Go down
Valarian

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Wow   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Damn dude, that's hardcore! You use a comercial program and custom tailor it? Or is this something you whipped up in C++ or another language?
Back to top Go down
Autopsy

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:31 pm

Nice

Last edited by on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 1:30 am

Yea i fixed up a nice little script to just attack cats and wolfs and upgrade while im gone, unfortunatly people keep IMing me while im gone and its on. They end up eating kc, kw, upgrade sheild, upgrade sword endlessly
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 am

Shinynew wrote:
Yea i fixed up a nice little script to just attack cats and wolfs and upgrade while im gone, unfortunatly people keep IMing me while im gone and its on. They end up eating kc, kw, upgrade sheild, upgrade sword endlessly

lol
Back to top Go down
FighterO

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 pm

ROFL

thats all I have to say
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 1:08 am

FighterO wrote:
ROFL

thats all I have to say

Was the 'thats all I have to say' really needed?

thats all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Janook

Janook

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 pm

So turn off AIM-autopopup windows....

I created 2 simple scripts with autoit.
The first just attacks bear, dragon, tiger, lion, elephent, tries to upgrade swrod and shield, rinse, repeat.
The second would try 26 people.
k a
k b
k c
k d
k e
k z
repeat.

the idea was to antagonize people to attack me. heh.
i left it on overnight once. i woke up and had lost 20 levels of equipment.

If I knew how to parse text with autoit, so I could read the summary window in teh game, I'd be able to make a much better bot. But I don't. :-(
Back to top Go down
http://janook.strangled.net
durkadurka

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 12:44 am

janook you think you can help get me started on making a script like that? I've never written scripts before, but I do have a little background in programming so I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Janook

Janook

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 1:39 am

Sure, it's really really easy.
I only know Java, so I didn't really nkow what I was doing, but I find it's easiest to learn to program by seeing other programs.
So what I did was downloaded
AUTOYOU
Which is an AutoIT program creator.
I followed the simple instructions to create a program automaticaly:
I started the program
Browsed to my pkillers window
pressed END (or something) to start the WHILE loop
and started typing
k a <enter>
k b <enter>
then I ended the pgraom by pressing home.
Normall, al you do is save the generated txt file as an .au3 file, run the compiler and turn it into a .au3 program, then just run the program. But I just read the genereated txt file and edited it to make it what I wanted. it to be, changing the wait times, adding in the attacks for other letters, etc.

Note: I found that the automatic WHILE loops don't work unless you add the word WEND at the end of your program, right before exit.
I'll post my scripts if you want me to, I don't use them anymore b/c people just steel my equipment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 3:38 am

Not bad, I did something similar in Java minus the whole interface thing (I did have a command line one tho!)

Used the HttpClient library and some fun multi-threaded coding to run any number of bots that I wanted.
Back to top Go down
nigiri

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 4:34 pm

Isn't bot usage sort of creating an arms race here? The normal players who don't use bots are at a disadvantage, and ultimately some people are being forced to use them just to keep up. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Janook

Janook

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 5:57 pm

Well, I don't bot anymore because people just jack all my equipment when I bot. Besides, PK2 is supposed to have some anti-bot code.
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Janook wrote:
Well, I don't bot anymore because people just jack all my equipment when I bot. Besides, PK2 is supposed to have some anti-bot code.
PK2 has perm death. If you bot you're just going to end up dying.
Back to top Go down
Autopsy

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 7:20 pm

nigiri wrote:
Isn't bot usage sort of creating an arms race here? The normal players who don't use bots are at a disadvantage, and ultimately some people are being forced to use them just to keep up. Just a thought.

I agree. I think there should be a lower maximum the top level players can stray from the pack (because there's no XP to be gained from the people below) or dying should reduce XP. Weapons should have much more effect so you look after them rather than training.
Back to top Go down
VG10

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyWed Jan 17, 2007 1:42 pm

auto, nice work.

my question is this, how did you keep the connection open to get the feed from the server to keep doing the parsing.

myself, i've been on macros, setup a command, delay 1.3 seconds then do another command then every so many commands do upgrades and wait.

went from level 1 to level 10k in skill in about 48 hours.

i also like the potentional in botting for this game. im not a programmer myself, did some java/asp/cold fusion in the past.
Back to top Go down
VG10

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyWed Jan 17, 2007 1:42 pm

i forgot to add, 3 accounts all attack each other, then they ended up with lots of skill and no weapons or shields that were good, so i had to alter that plan to also kill animals to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Autopsy

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyWed Jan 17, 2007 2:44 pm

@VG10

cool, I'm not quite sure about your question though. It opens a connection to the server to send a command or request an update and then closes the connection and repeats.
Back to top Go down
VG10

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyWed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm

that answered it perfectly, thanks
Back to top Go down
VG10

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyWed Jan 17, 2007 2:54 pm

i guess a second question to that is logging into the site and curious how you did that.
Back to top Go down
flashman

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition EmptyWed Jan 17, 2007 7:17 pm

Just adding my own two cents, I've been botting for skills with AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/). The program runs around scripts and it's fairly easy to write one for Pkillers, eg:

Code:
IfWinExist Mozilla Firefox
{   
  WinActivate
}
Loop
{
   Send k name{enter}
   sleep 5000
   Send k othername{enter}
   sleep 5000
}

return

This code brings the already-open window to the foreground and attacks one person every five seconds. You can add as many names as you want - I concentrate on probable bots to avoid retaliation. As Synapz posted elsewhere, regen rate is about 3.3% per second and maximum damage on any hit is about 15% of max HP, therefore 5 seconds is a good delay to ensure you don't fight to death.

Using this bot I've skilled up to the mid-4000s in a few hours' play time (much of it unmonitored). I've also got a script that will kill animals and attempt to upgrade gear constantly:

Code:
Loop
{   
   Send kc{enter}
   sleep 2000
   Send upgrade shield{enter}
   sleep 2000
   Send kr{enter}
   sleep 2000
   Send upgrade sword{enter}
   sleep 2000

}

I'm still experimenting to find the optimum mix of animals to kill, and delays to ensure I don't wear my health down too much.

As for the philosophy of botting, I'm mostly doing it to run with the crowd, because it appears to be rampant and unpunished. I am looking forward to PK2 - how strange that I've come back to MUDs after all these years!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photoshop Competition   Photoshop Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Photoshop Competition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pkillers :: Discussion :: General Pkillers discussion-
Jump to: