Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Attacking Levels

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PkSpawn

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:50 pm

I just created a new player.. So just about everyone is "dead" to me.. But much higher ups are able to attack me, but I can't attack them back, I get the message Pick on someoen my own size..
Back to top Go down
Autopsy

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 pm

haha, I agree it's quite broken
Back to top Go down
Valarian

Number of posts : 13

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Same problem here to.   Attacking Levels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:00 pm

Yea I'm getting the same prob. I can hit Poopies but he sure is having fun wtfpwning me into the ground.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

Number of posts : 39

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Fixed. (I think)
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 11:10 pm

If this game's name is Pkillers you would assume that its all about PKing, so why limit it? One of the reasons i really like this game was the lack of restriction, it was alot simpler before, but now that you are makeing it 'fair' its getting less fun. There is no reason for high level players to attack the low level players, so why restrict them? If everyone attacks one low level player his skills will sky rocket.
Back to top Go down
Chippy

Number of posts : 3

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 11:29 pm

Shinynew wrote:
If this game's name is Pkillers you would assume that its all about PKing, so why limit it? One of the reasons i really like this game was the lack of restriction, it was alot simpler before, but now that you are makeing it 'fair' its getting less fun. There is no reason for high level players to attack the low level players, so why restrict them? If everyone attacks one low level player his skills will sky rocket.

I think the best case against this is the one I was in just a few minutes ago. I was trying to upgrade my shield, which required something like 580 gold, but Hiyoo, who is something like 8 or more spots ahead of me, kept killing me (I couldn't touch him) before I got it, and JUST before (things like 20 away, then 50 away, and so on backwards) and I just couldn't keep up. There was really nothing I could do, and he was making away with 150+ gold each time. So you claim there is no motivation? I claim that there is only motivation in the form of gold.
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 1:14 am

not all games are fair non should they be.

But that doesnt may any sense he couldnt attack you again if he was the last one to kill you, also you probably got tons of stat upgrades from that, which are acually better then a shield or sword upgrade.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Newbs   Attacking Levels EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 1:22 am

Basically the reason I implemented this is because I dont want newbs to get spammed to death right when they log in. I'd like them to stick around for a few minutes and give the game a chance, and not become immediately fed up with being zerged.

That said, there is always more than one solution to a problem, so I'd like it if you guys would discuss some other possible solutions. Forgive me if I ignore you, but I will probably only implement things that are easy to do in the framework I already have. So if I dont respond to your idea, it's not a bad one, just hard to implement the way I have things set up.
Back to top Go down
Autopsy

Number of posts : 36

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 7:55 am

How do you have things setup?

I really dislike the level protection. How about just protecting people when they start until a certain skill/weapon level?

I think "but you just killed this person" needs to be turned on if they are below your level and "but you were just killed by them" turned off completely.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 11:45 am

This was done to prevent excessive botting. Again, other solutions will be carefully considered.
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 1:16 am

Possibly it gets disabled after a certain time and a 'human check'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attacking Levels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking Levels   Attacking Levels Empty

Back to top Go down

Attacking Levels
Page 1 of 1