Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Holding you back

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeis

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Holding you back Empty
PostSubject: Holding you back   Holding you back EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 8:54 am

I feel there's an issue with a certain tactic being used at the high levels of this game. This tactic has been in use by others for awhile, and now I'm exploiting it myself, but I feel something needs to happen to change the way things currently are.

It goes like this: I gain a slight advantage over everyone (slightly better gear, slightly better skill) so that I can win all my 1v1 fights, then I kill everyone within my skill range one by one, over and over again.

Going through the whole list takes roughly 2-3 minutes with the current number of players. This is perfect since that's about the same amount of time as the post-kill cooldown timer.

Using this method, no one within my attackable skill range will ever be able to save up enough money to upgrade their equipment. At the same time, I will be collecting their money and continuing to upgrade my equipment, thereby furthering my lead and making it that much less likely that anyone will ever be able to kill me.

The only way to stop this that I've seen so far is if enough people continually gang up on the leader before he breaks too far away from the pack. I suppose it's also possible that the person in the lead could do something dumb like attack an animal which could make it possible for someone else to kill them and take their gear.

Implementing minimum damage was a good step in beginning to curb this, but as things stand right now, it's not enough. For the record, I don't feel that raising the minimum damage is a good method to correct this, but I don't have a better idea to propose either.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MariusAgricola

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Holding you back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holding you back   Holding you back EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 12:33 pm

It seems like implementing a sliding cap on skill points and/or gear might be appropriate, such that the player with the highest level gear/skills can upgrade/skill up to some percentage over the next highest player, but not beyond that. In general, I hate arbitrary limitations on the game, but then again, I guess there has to be some balance somewhere.
Back to top Go down

Holding you back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pkillers :: Discussion :: General Pkillers discussion-
Jump to: