Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting

Go down 
+3
synapz
Shinynew
AcidBurn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AcidBurn

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:01 pm

Here are some ideas for the new Pkillers. For some of these ideas to work pkillers may need to have several pages for different options for attacking, chatting, etc.:
- More stats. I'm not creative enough to think up the possible extra stats that there should be, but having more stats (like speed and stuff) will make the game more interesting. It also ties into my other ideas...
- Experience point. I kind of stole this idea from other games. Instead of "you have become better at defense", you gain experience points when you kill someone (not when you attack). If you die, you lose some xp (can't have negative xp). The amount of xp depends on how strong each person is. When you reach so many experience points you get to ‘level up’ and increase your stats. If you every played Diablo, this is kind of like that.
- Have to kill in order to increase xp, this makes it hard for people's skill to just shot up. It would also promote people to kill those closer to their own strength and not bot stronger players.
- Clans would be kick ass. Be able to form a clan of up to three players (for now, but when the game gets more popular increase this to five or more) and have clan wars. In a clan war, both clans attack the other clan's members. Which ever clan has most kills over deaths (after a predetermined time) wins a bunch of xp and the other clan loses xp.
- Reset the game. Every few weeks (the actual time should only be known to Synapz and no one else) delete all of the users and make everyone reregister. Of course a couple of days ahead let everyone know that at so and so time the game is resetting. The kicker to this idea is that the person that is strongest or has most xp right before the game resets wins the overall game this time and when the game resets, this person gets some kind of reward like extra xp or gold.
- Character types. Now I'm just plain copying other games. Maybe when you register you can be like a knight, elf, ninja (ninja would be awesome), archer, etc. This idea is right from Diablo (except the ninja) and if you every played Diablo or a similar game before you get the idea.

Obviously these ideas are not original. The last time I played a mmorpg was like five years ago and it used some of these ideas. Don't remember the name but it was very popular (thousand of user for a completely online mmorpg).
I'm just throwing ideas out there. They all need to be further expanded upon in order to work. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling. I’m not saying there all great idea or that they should all be used, but just trying to see what people like and get people thinking.

Now to fix botting:
1. Make the game more click and less entering text. Just off the top of my head but maybe have a page where it shows all the people currently playing and ranks the strongest to weakest. Then click a name near yours to go to a another window and attack.
2. This is an iffy idea that would need some work done to it but it would definitely stop people from staying on 24/7 and botting people while at work or whatever. Limit how long people can be on per a day. Do this through turns, time, or number of times one can attack.

None of these ideas are very original, just bits and pieces from different games I've played and thought it would be cool if implemented into this game. Some of them (like the clans) would probably need to be implemented over time and not right away mainly because there are not enough users right now.

Any way, you people think these over and expand upon them. Hopefully it gives others some good ideas too.
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:05 pm

One: booo on resetting.
Two: they dynamics of the game would have to change alot to incorperate those things, but things like Dexterity, Luck, Strength, Endurace are the standard stats for most RPGs and pretty straight forward, would be nice to see them.
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:10 pm

I think resetting would be a great idea. That way if a person is new and like the game, they actually have a chance to become one of the stronger members the next time the game resets.

What exactly don't you like about resetting. Maybe I can further elaborate on my idea.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:15 pm

PK 2.0 well be entirely different from PK 1. You'll just have to wait to see it, but it will be nowhere near as simple.

No levels, no XP. Skills are more realistic. And yes, there will be permanent death.
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:21 pm

synapz wrote:
And yes, there will be permanent death.
Would you like to elaborate on how this permanent death would work?
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:31 pm

AcidBurn wrote:
synapz wrote:
And yes, there will be permanent death.
Would you like to elaborate on how this permanent death would work?

If you die you are dead.
not really that hard to understand. One of my favorite RPG type games is like this.
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Shinynew wrote:
If you die you are dead.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 8:09 pm

When you die, you lose all your skills and must make a new character. I havent decided on forced renaming yet, but I suppose I could it add it at any time.
Back to top Go down
Janook

Janook

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 3:13 am

I don't think perma-death is a good idea. A key factor in a good video game is suffering consequences for losing, but when the consequences become to great, the result is frustration for the player, and drives the player away.

I say put a hold on perma-death until there are more players, then start another league, so players have the option of joining the perma-death league or the normal league.
Back to top Go down
http://janook.strangled.net
Aaedien

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 3:19 am

Janook wrote:
I don't think perma-death is a good idea. A key factor in a good video game is suffering consequences for losing, but when the consequences become to great, the result is frustration for the player, and drives the player away.

I say put a hold on perma-death until there are more players, then start another league, so players have the option of joining the perma-death league or the normal league.

Agreed. Also, I think permadeath needs a reason justifying it when you put it in, unless you give players the option of no permadeath or permadeath for their character like that.

On another note entirely: pie is good. elephant
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 3:35 am

I though perma death was really a bad idea untill i played some rouge like games... Now i know better. But yea possibly you start the game out in a non perma death and after like lvl 10 you can go to the perma death server or something like that?
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 3:55 am

I am implementing permadeath because I have played a similiar game in the past and had great experiences. Anyone can attack anyone, but if you kill them, it really *hurts*, so everyone thinks twice about killing anyone. It's really quite tense.

You'll see! If, of course, you're not too skeerd... Wink
Back to top Go down
Kayos

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 1:31 pm

I'm scared, I don't want the game to change, I love the simple gameplay, I mean I do think there can be other things like skills and what not, and resetting sounds good, but perma-death = No And some of the other things in this topic don't sound ideal to me. I love the game the way it is, all it needs is small additions to skills. But whatever, I'm probably the only one.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 1:35 pm

Kayos wrote:
I'm scared, I don't want the game to change, I love the simple gameplay, I mean I do think there can be other things like skills and what not, and resetting sounds good, but perma-death = No And some of the other things in this topic don't sound ideal to me. I love the game the way it is, all it needs is small additions to skills. But whatever, I'm probably the only one.

Don't worry, I will probably keep both versions running for you die-hard pkers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kayos

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptySun Jan 14, 2007 1:47 pm

Yay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
_FighterOfTheFoo_

_FighterOfTheFoo_

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 5:10 pm

As far as...
more stats
Maybe you could have more equiptment you could buy and choose which to equip example Spiked helmet, medallion of whatever and they would effect your stats + whatever. I think some of these could be recieved at a certain level an animal or somthing is unlocked. i'd also support the idea of unlocked animals in pk1 with the reward being gold idk.

xp/skill losing it and gaining it when you die or win
i think this has its ups and downs. if people continually attack you and team up your skill is going to keep going down. idk about this one...

Clans
I like the idea of private messaging but full out clans, nah

Character types
if they were unique maybe, but elves ect. no thanks

Clicking text to attack ect.
I really don't like this idea and it wont prevent botting.
maybe the paperweight users. (automatic attacking i don't like either btw.)

As far as turns and timers
don't like.
if you like turns and clans, ever played kingdom of loathing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting   Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for PKillers 2.0 and possible solution to botting
Page 1 of 1