Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flashman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-01-17

Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level   Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level EmptyFri Jan 19, 2007 11:31 pm

I suggest a skill cap, or at least making skills harder to obtain after a certain point. This is equivalent to reaching level 60 (or 70 now, I guess) in World of Warcraft - at that point, no more skill can be obtained.

If players maxed out at Grandmaster level, this would make the game more strategic - at the moment, the higher tiers are primarily concerned with botting around the clock in an attempt to win the "Skills Arms Race".

Limiting players to a maximum of, say, 15000xp in offence and defence would encourage players to work in teams, rather than setting up for 24-hour bot runs. This would of course be hampered by the fact that the in-game systems don't yet support advanced chat options (like private messages), so it might be an idea which develops more in PK 1.5/2.

Does anybody disagree, and think that it's acceptable that higher-tier players will always remain untouchable by virtue of endless upskilling?
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level   Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level EmptySat Jan 20, 2007 12:13 am

I'm not to sure. WoW as a game has a lot more in it: more weapons, quests, etc. In a game like that your idea would make sense. We will have to see how PK1.5 turns out. But in PK1.5/2.0, there won't be much botting because of perm-death. Botting would actually be piontless. So we'll have to see how PK1.5/2.0 turn out.
Back to top Go down

Suggestion: cap skills at Grandmaster level
Page 1 of 1