Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
qma

50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay Empty
PostSubject: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 11:24 am

I've found that, since the percentage of gold stolen was increased, it's incredibly hard to get enough gold to upgrade. It's made attempting to upgrade my equipment an impossible task.

It's going to push a lot more people to not upgrade, and just attempt to steal from others, making higher leveled equipment more rare (as more players come in and dilute the current equipment). It seems as though that's bad for the game, as it's pushing people away, and quite forcefully, from one of the things the game needs done to make it advance.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 11:49 am

I did this to promote more pkilling, which is what the game is about. Also, I like the idea of rare weapons being, well, rare.

I would like more input on the economy from everyone.

What makes the game the most fun?
Back to top Go down
_FighterOfTheFoo_

_FighterOfTheFoo_

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 1:57 pm

I like the increased amount of gold you recieve. And as long as the higher leveled players can't steal from the lower ones this shouldn't be changed
Back to top Go down
AcidBurn

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 pm

I think that the amount of gold you loss/recive whould be a random number between 10 and 50%. This is a nice solution that should be easy to do on Synapz's part.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 8:29 pm

AcidBurn wrote:
I think that the amount of gold you loss/recive whould be a random number between 10 and 50%. This is a nice solution that should be easy to do on Synapz's part.

What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Valarian

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 10:38 pm

synapz wrote:
AcidBurn wrote:

What does everyone else think?

Well in my honest opinion a random % would be nice but really in most instances you can make more money just alternating between kt kr kc kr kv kr kt kc only needing to wait 5-10 seconds between kills.
The only players I kill for gold are the macro bots and I can get about 100-150 per kill and don't need to rest. On average I only get 25-46 gold off anyone else. So I never feel the need to pk anyone below me except to maybe teach them a lesson or to show off my New Bronze Sword. Very Happy

Other than that I don't feel the need to PK anyone really... Sad
Well except for the undying urge to shed the blood of those higher than me. But that won't do cause it's almost impossible to kill them anymore cause the only peeps higher than me have either ran macros or is on ALOT. And the skill gap won't allow me to touch them, but that's about skillz/equip difference that are being discussed in a different forum.

Sorry I got off subject, All in all I'm down for the 10-50% gold loss, either way I will still make more money off monsters and grabbing the occasional gold bot. So it would be your call here Synapz.
Back to top Go down
synapz

synapz

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 11:16 pm

I want to make the players have incentive to attack eachother over the animals.

Perhaps I should lower the money given by animals?

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Valarian

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 12:12 am

synapz wrote:
I want to make the players have incentive to attack eachother over the animals.

Perhaps I should lower the money given by animals?

Suggestions?

Well...the game was alot more interesting when there were only 3 animals to kill and the shop...Then we had to work our asses off to get the gold or...well...kill each other. So lowering gold on monsters would bring more incentive to kill each other. BUT then we would just get raped and pilaged constantly by those higher than us and we can't touch them back...

Also, now that we have the theft system most peeps don't care for gold, they just wait for the right opportunity to just jump someone with a better weapon or shield. Which in my opinion is fine, it's however you "want" to "play" the game.

But since we are using the upgrade system we need MAD amounts of gold which in turn lowering the amount of gold from animals will cause a simple problem: I need 780 Gold to upgrade, if lets say the most I can get from killing a dragon is 50 gold That's about 16 dragons to kill... granted that would take forever since I die almost EVERY time from dragons. (I have shitty luck) so then I'd resort to pking for prolly about 35-100 gold. But only to get raped by a higher level when I'm 40 gold away or something and then losing 370 gold at 50% Then I'm set back about 3-5 minutes of farming or PKilling, cause it's not like I'll ever be able to kill the guy who stole my gold.

So lowering the amount of gold from monsters will bring more incentive to kill other, it'll just make it even hard for us to upgrade. Which is prolly the best thing to do for this game.

But I still have to say it's pointless cause the stronger yet lazier players will just steal it and leave me with crap and I'll have to start all over again only for it to get stolen again by another higher up. Which in turn I don't mind cause I could own everyone below me with a stick anyway! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 1:19 am

How about take the level difference and use that to modify how much you steal, so if an underdog wins they get alot, but if its just a high level picking on a low level the low level doesnt get screwed.

While yes this could screw the very top level guys, but then again they can almost alway win fights and just about as fast as they want to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay   50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay Empty

Back to top Go down

50% gold loss: an effect on gameplay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pkillers :: Suggestions :: Complaints-
Jump to: