Pkillers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pkillers

The forum home of Pkillers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
synapz

synapz

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. Empty
PostSubject: Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.   Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:36 pm

Back to top Go down
qma

PostSubject: Re: Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.   Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 12:27 am

I like the idea that I won't accidentally kill myself when I get attacked, but it does close two strategies.
the first strategy is a way of protecting your gold from those with better items: If I'm getting attacked and I'm close to an upgrade, I might be able to attack a few animals really quickly, get some gold, then upgrade my equipment and die. I won't have anything stolen, as the attacker has better items already, and I won't lose as much gold if I've just upgraded.
The second strategy is a way of protecting your items from those with worse equipment: If I'm being attacked, I can attack a dragon, hoping to get hit. If the dragon kills me, I lose gold, same as I would if I'm killed by a player, but a dragon can't steal items from me.

So, these strategies are no longer valid, but they were fun to think of and use, for the limited time I was able to.

So, although the update did help a lot of people, it did remove a few interesting strategies.
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.   Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 1:12 am

I'm for more freedom in this game, in the last two days you have severly crippled people's freedoms.
Back to top Go down
Autopsy

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.   Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 8:02 am

Shinynew wrote:
I'm for more freedom in this game, in the last two days you have severly crippled people's freedoms.

I agree. At least replace this with a run or block strategy.
Back to top Go down
Shinynew

Shinynew

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.   Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 1:05 am

Yes some thing other than simply being able to attack, or be attacked (and upgrade) would add so much to the gameplay, like possibly blocking or dodgeing or even trying to get away (they cant attack your for X seconds)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC.   Can no longer attack an animal while under attack by a PC. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1